While performing a lunge, you want to feel as though there is an imaginary wall directly in front of your torso which is keeping you from pressing forward onto your front foot. Drop straight down with your back knee rather than forward towards the front.
- Stand with one foot forward and the other back staggering your feet slightly to either side of your midline
- Stand tall and drop your back knee down towards the ground, bending your front knee as you lower down
- Once you reach 90 degrees with both knees, press through your front heel and stand back up
Things to note
- Be sure that you’re dropping straight down and not pressing forward onto your front foot; do not allow your front knee to press forward past your front toe
- Stand tall and don’t hunch forward as you stand back up