Who says you have to wait for bathing suit season to work those core muscles? Start your 30 day plank challenge slow and work up to higher reps as you go along throughout the month.
- Before you go into the plank, start by getting into tabletop position (on your hands and knees), with your knees directly below your hips and hands directly below your shoulders.
- Set your core by drawing your belly button in towards your spine then step one foot back at a time until you are supporting your weight on just your toes and hands.
- Spread your fingers to make a wide, stable base.
- Line up your shoulders over your hands, heels over toes and hold your body in a straight line from the top of your head down to your heels.
- Draw the core in, being careful not to let your stomach sag or your back round out.
- Neutralize the next by lifting your gaze to look at a spot about a foot in front of the hands – your head should stay in line with the rest of your body.
Side Plank Raises:
Oblique Mountain Climbers: